Mesotherapy is neither a complementary nor an alternative medicine. This is called the use of drugs by intradermal or subcutaneous injection. The purpose of this technique is to bring the affected areas closer to the destination of the drugs..
This procedure is used to stop hair loss, improve the quality of existing hair and activate hair growth. Small doses of the selected drugs are applied under the skin with special needles. This is a local treatment that only works at the injection site.
Mesotherapy can be applied to the scalp at certain times. This method is more effective than other traditional drug therapies because it is a very effective treatment using a small amount of the drug which causes less or no side effects..
After a mesotherapy session
A few weeks after the first application, the condition of the hair improves. After six weeks, new hair of a regular structure begins to grow from the affected areas. Applications must be repeated within a specified time.
Who can undergo mesotherapy?
Patients who have:
- Male model hair loss ( androgenic alopecia). For them mesotherapy gives the most effective result.
- Traction alopecia (hair loss due to pulling or tearing)
- Alopecia areata (Sycosis Vulgaris)
- Postnatal hair loss
- Diffuse hair loss (general hair loss, more often in women)
- Some of the scalp diseases (psoriasis, lichen, seborrheic dermatitis, etc.)
Mesotherapy is not recommended for:
Pregnant women, nursing women, patients with immunological diseases, cancer, people with diabetes and those on anticoagulant therapy.